School Feeding Program
Gram Unnayan Karma (GUK) started implementing the School Feeding Program (SFP) from January 2012 in Porsha Upazila of Naogaon district under an agreement with the Directorate of Primary Education (DPE), Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the United Nations World Food Program (UNWFP). 6 unions and 132 villages have been covering under this program.
- Funded by GoB-WFP
- 89 Govt. primary schools
- 18,000 Students are getting mid-day meal
Objectives of the Program:
- Preparing local level planning for increasing enrolment of students in Government Primary Schools & Ebtadai Madrashas.
- Increasing the attendance percentage, reduce drop-out rate, proper storing of feeding materials, handling and distribution of high protein biscuits and monitoring of proper distribution.
- Enhancing coordination with School Management Committee members, teachers and guardians.
- Promoting cultivation of seasonal vegetables at school compound and at household level of the students.
- Impart training to teachers, students & community stakeholders on nutrition, health, sanitation and holding community mobilization workshops.
- Preparing the program impact, evaluation and assessment reports as per project plan etc.
- Total 88 Schools and Madrashas have been covered under School Feeding Program.
- The program has served 13,276 students in the project areas.
- 96% students brought safe water bottle in the class room.
- 100% students using waster basket for disposing empty biscuit packs..
- 94% students are now bringing Tiffin Boxes at their education place/ school.
- 58 vegetable gardens established in the school yard.
- 76 mothers gatherings meeting has conducted and