Gram Unnayan Karma (GUK) is launching a project titled ‘Recovery and Advancement of Informal Sector Employment (RAISE)’ jointly financed by the Government of Bangladesh and Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF). The goal of the project is to provide services that can enhance earning opportunities for low-income urban youth, and urban youth impacted by COVID-19.
The RAISE project has been implementing across the country through selected Partner Organizations of PKSF. As a Partner organization of PKSF, Gram Unnayan Karma (GUK0 will implement the RAISE project in its catchment area.
GUK is a national level development organization implementing diversified evidence-based initiatives/projects that provide opportunities for people living in poverty to transform their lives. GUK is seeking competent project management professionals under the RAISE project. The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) of the positions are given below.
1) Case Management Officer (CMO)-1 Position
The Case Management Officer (CMO) will be responsible to enhance the quality of project implementation, maximize satisfaction of the project participants as well as stakeholders. The successful candidate will be accountable for the trainee’s enrolment process to employment with the support of other PIU staff.
- Perform individual assessments through psychometric profiling and, identify potential program participants for Business Management Training (BMT) and Apprenticeship Program (AP);
- Provide individual and group counseling, assist in career planning assessing program participants’ needs, preferences & abilities and support them to succeed in their roles through close supervision, mentoring, and coaching and;
- Facilitate sessions in training/workshops/courtyard meetings and coordinate with other actors to ensure referral and the transfer of cases where RAISE does not have the capacity or specialized support;
- Enter and update data into Case Management System (CMS) software and analyze them according to the demand of PMU;
- Assist in organizing seminars, workshops, training, and other community mobilization programs;
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly progress reports in time; and
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the management.
Educational and other Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Work/Social Welfare/Sociology/Psychology/Clinical Psychology/ Educational Psychology/Education from any Govt. Approved University;
- More than one 3rd Division/Class in examinations will not be accepted;
- Training in Case Management, Counseling, Entrepreneurship Development, Management Information Systems (MIS) will be treated as extra quality;
- Good operating skills of Microsoft Office (especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) with software operation and reporting will be treated as essential skills; and
- Required to have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English & Bangla;
- Understanding and speaking the local language of the project area is an advantage.
At least 5 years of relevant experience in Case Management/Psychosocial Counseling/Information Management/Training in the development organization.
Age Limit: Maximum 45 years.
Work Station: Area/Field Office; extensive field visit is required.
Assignment Duration: Tentative 5 Years (Annually renewable based performance)
Salary & Allowances: Consolidated Tk. 45,000/- (BDT Forty-Five Thousand) per month and other admissible benefits as per Project/organization rules. (Inclusive of all applicable Tax as per the law of Bangladesh).
All interested candidates shall submit their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with minimum two references and a cover letter in English. The deadline for submission of applications is September 27, 2023. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and GUK reserves the right to make an offer prior to the closing date for applications. Applicants are thus encouraged to submit their applications at the earliest opportunity. Only qualified applicants will be invited for an interview.
Application Deadline: 27 Sep 2023