A consultant is required for baseline survey.
‘Market System development of safe poultry and poultry products’ jointly financed by Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), will be implemented in 4 Upazilas of Bogura district by the organization “Gram Unnayan Karma (GUK)”. The project will be working to increase income, ensure food security and improve family nutrition of marginal and small farmers and poultry related backward and forward market entrepreneurs. The sub-project will also work on value addition at various levels, expansion of financial services for enterprise development, and strengthening of the institutional framework for the development of safe eggs, meat and meat products of the value chain. Efforts will be made to scale up and expansion of enterprises through efficient production methods and strong market linkages of marginal and small farmers. If the sub-project is implemented, the income of 70 percent of the entrepreneurs will increase by at least 50 percent and 30 percent of the project members will be able to add nutritious food to their regular diet.
- Duration of the study and schedule of the reports
The total duration of the assignment will be 90 days. A detail implementation plan will be agreed upon in consultation with the PO, however, it is anticipated that the inception report should be submitted within 10 days upon signing the contract. The draft report of the study should be submitted by the consultant within 65 days, and a presentation on the draft report should be given to “PO” within 75 days after signing the agreement.
- Consultant requirements
The Consultant should have previous working experience in providing such kinds of services. Should have expertise in the area of the said Sub-Sector/s, Environment, and micro-enterprise. The enumerators of this study will be hired by the consultant/consulting firm. The expected qualifications of the independent consultant are given below:
- Education (20 marks): He/she should have a minimum Master’s Degree in Poultry Science/Agriculture, PhD will be the additional advantage. Global GAP assurer/trainer will get preferences to conduct the baseline as food safety is the main concern of RMTP.
- Experience (30 marks): The consultant should have 10 years of working experience in research including 5 years of experience in the value chain approach. Research experience in environmental sustainability, economic viability, micro-enterprise development, nutrition, sectorial policy review/analysis, and value chain development will add additional value. Experience in evaluating any projects/sectorial study funded by IFAD/World Bank/ADB/DANIDA and/or any other UN agencies will preferable.
- Publication (20 marks): The consultant should have at least 3 publications in an international/national journal. However, poultry-related sectorial publications will be given high preference for the selection of the consultant.
- Familiarity (10 marks): Familiarity with the following areas: a) Environment & Climate Change, b) Micro and small enterprise, c) livelihoods d) employment, e) pro-poor development, f) gender and nutrition.
- Language (10 marks): Excellent writing and oral communication in English is required.
- Computer Literacy (10 marks): MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS/Strata.
- Proposal submission:
The proposal should include the following below six items.
- Cover letter: Clearly summarizing Consultant experience and competency as it pertains to this assignment
- Technical proposal: Not exceeding eight (08) pages expressing an understanding and interpretation of the ToR, the proposed methodology, relevant experience and time and activity schedule.
- Financial proposal: Itemizing estimated costs for services rendered (daily consultancy fees), accommodation and living costs, transport costs, stationery costs, and any other related supplies or services required for the review in BDT and modality of payment. Please also attach a TIN/Registration Certificate.
- Detailed CVs of all professionals who will work on the process. CVs of proposed study team (will add additional value), please attach a table describing the level of effort (in number of days) of each team member in each of the Baseline activities.
- Professional references are needed to provide two or three references from your previous clients.
- A short example from previous Baseline study report (value chain preferred) that is relevant to this work (5-7 pages)
(Application materials are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process and the selection panel does not have the ability to respond to any requests for application feedback. Please take note that expressions of interest that do not cover these requirements will not be considered.)
Application Procedure: Please email complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Application: The application deadline is “20.12.2022”.
Interested individuals will provide a technical proposal. The total budget is BDT 3.0 lakh taka, which includes consultancy fees, field data collection, and other necessary costs. The VAT and Tax will be deducted at source as per the government rules. Interested consultants are invited to submit their technical proposal along with a detailed CV and one page of cover letter by (timeline). Only shortlisting firm/individual will get details ToR from GUK. Review committee of GUK analyzes the applications, shortlisting, and interview, select the firm/individual and execute the deed of contract.
The consultant should follow the project’s logical framework to get a clear understanding of the project, cross-section of the logical framework is necessary to carry out the baseline as it is a prime requirement of this assignment