Gram Unnayan Karma (GUK) has been implementing a project titled ‘High Value Crop Production and Market Development Project” funded by BRAC Bank Limited in Char & Attached Char areas of Sariakandi Upazila under Bogura district. The goal and objectives of the project are;
· To increase the income of the farmers by increasing the production of maize, jute, chili and mustard by using advanced technology and modern agricultural machinery in the char areas.· To benefit the Char farmers in gaining fair price through market linkage and market development with big buyers of main land. The project will cover 1400 Farmers (Maize Farmer-800, Jute Farmer-200, Chili Farmer-240 & Mustard Farmer-160). Regarding this project GUK is going to conduct a baseline survey by hiring an individual consultant/consultancy firm to achieve the following objectives of the baseline survey are to:
- Measure the baseline status of categorized farmers, utilization of land, sources & uses of inputs, crop production information, sales of products, income and expenditure;
- Assess the level of production of different crops and market information throughout the project areas;
- Assess the existing challenges faced by the farmers in producing specific crops in the project areas.
- Duration of the study and schedule of the reports
The total duration of the assignment will be 60 days. A detail implementation plan will be agreed upon in consultation with the organization, however, it is anticipated that the inception report should be submitted within 10 days upon signing the contract. The draft report of the study should be submitted by the consultant within 40 days, a presentation on the draft report should be given to “GUK” within 50 days after signing the agreement and a final report will be required to submit within the contract period.
- Consultant requirements
The Consultant should have previous working experience in providing such kinds of services. Should have expertise in the area of the said Sub-Sector/s, similar study conducted, development experience in the similar field and understanding of char context. The enumerators of this study will be hired by the consultant/consulting firm. The expected qualifications of the independent consultant are given below:
- Education (30 marks):He/she should have a minimum Master’s Degree in Economics/Agriculture, PhD will be the additional advantage. Experience (30 marks): The consultant should have 10 years of working experience in research including 5 years of experience in the baseline survey, Research experience in different project/programme, sectorial policy review/analysis, and value chain development will add additional value. Experience in evaluating any projects/sectorial study funded by IFAD/World Bank/ADB/DANIDA and/or any other UN agencies will preferable.
- Familiarity (20 marks): Familiarity with the following areas: a) Environment & Climate Change, b) Micro and small enterprise, c) livelihoods d) employment, e) pro-poor development, f) gender and nutrition.
- Language (10 marks): Excellent writing and oral communication in English is required.
- Computer Literacy (10 marks): MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS/Strata.
- Proposal submission:
The proposal should include the following below six items.
- Cover letter: Clearly summarizing Consultant experience and competency as it pertains to this assignment.
- Technical proposal: Not exceeding eight (08) pages expressing an understanding and interpretation of the ToR, the proposed methodology, relevant experience and time and activity schedule.
- Financial proposal:Itemizing estimated costs for services rendered (daily consultancy fees), accommodation and living costs, transport costs, stationery costs, and any other related supplies or services required for the review in BDT and modality of payment. Please also attach a TIN/Registration Certificate.
- Detailed CVsof all professionals who will work on the process. CVs of proposed study team (will add additional value), please attach a table describing the level of effort (in number of days) of each team member in each of the Baseline activities.
(Application materials are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process and the selection panel does not have the ability to respond to any requests for application feedback. Please take note that expressions of interest that do not cover these requirements will not be considered.)
- Application Procedure:
Please email complete applications to email@example.com or Hard copy by hand
- Deadline for Application:
The application deadline is “23/07/2023”.
Interested individuals will provide a technical proposal. The total budget is BDT 2.00 lakh taka, which includes consultancy fees, field data collection, and other necessary costs. The VAT and Tax will be deducted at source as per the government rules. Interested consultants are invited to submit their technical proposal along with a detailed CV and one page of cover letter to Dr. Md. Mahbub Alom, Senior Director, GUK . Only shortlisting firm/individual will get details ToR from GUK. Review committee of GUK analyzes the applications, shortlisting, and interview, select the firm/individual and execute the deed of contract.
The consultant should follow the project’s logical framework to get a clear understanding of the project, cross-section of the logical framework is necessary to carry out the baseline as it is a prime requirement of this assignment.