GUK aspires that empowered communities overcoming poverty through access to finance, education, health, food & nutrition, resilience building and emerge as a nodal agency for socio-economic development of Bangladesh with sustainability.
GUK upholds an august mission to address poverty issues for enhancing and sustaining the lives and livelihoods of the poor through diverse interventions of various socio-economic development activities towards establishing a gender balanced dignify society.
- Gender based unity and equality.
- Proper utilization of local resources.
- Participation and ownership.
- Respect, belief and trust in community wisdom.
- Reaching the poor and ultra poor as per priority list of the community.
- Community based demand driven development approach.
- Access of women, adolescent, children, disable, aged people and youth in development activities.
- Transparency, trustworthy and accountability.
- Good governance and right based policy.
- Self reliant and sustainable institution of the poor people.
- Social justice, peace and prosperity.
- Practice of democracy at all spheres of life.
- Bottom up strategic local level planning through participatory approach.
- Community based leadership development.
- Collaborative, effective coordination and build productive partnership.