Sustainable Enterprise Project (SEP)
Gram Unnayan Karma (GUK) has been implementing a sub-project under SEP titled “Promoting efficiency and competitive price in producing Argo-Machineries and Equipment” in Sherpur, Shajahanpur & Bogura Sadar upazila under Bogura district. The two year’s (2021 to 2023) sub-project will support to achieve global goals of the main SEP project. The sub-project activities will be implemented in the business clusters of agro machineries & equipment production subsector to improve the overall business and environment of the microenterprises (MEs). A total of 887 MEs will get different technical and financial supports through the sub-project.
Main objective of SEP is to increase the adoption of environmentally sustainable practices by targeted microenterprises under Argo-Machineries and Equipment sub-sector.
- Establishment of common facility center with quality testing facilities.
- Establishment of water, sanitation and hygiene facility.
- Model workshop development and demonstration.
- Foundry slag recycling demonstration (waste management).
- Increase adaptation of environment friendly manufacturing activities.