GUK has been implementing Koishor Karmashuchi with the financial assistance of PKSF and GUK own fund. The purpose of the project is to provide adolescent health, nutrition and awareness on personal health & hygiene. The project is being implemented in 5 Upazillas under Bogura district. Under the Koishor Karmashuchi adolescent boys’ & girls’ clubs have been organized in program villages. These clubs are equipped with basic information related to their rights and responsibilities they can address the issues and overcome the concerns effectively.
- Formation of boys & girls clubs and nutrition corner at govt. primary school.
- Discussion meeting on Health, Nutrition and re-productive health care facilities.
- Awareness raising campaign on different day observation.
- Find out malnutrition children under 5 and provide advise their parents for EPI and ensure proper nutrition.
- Visit pregnant & lactating mother for providing suggestion on ante natal & post natal care and breast feeding.
- Encourage households to install sanitary latrines
Provide technical support to the Buniad borrowers for.
- 650 beneficiaries served in the project areas.
- 2 upazillas and 8 unions covered by 5 branch
offices and formed 15 groups.
- 30 sessions on nutrition and reproductive
health were provided to the adolescent boys & girls.
- 115 sessions were held on nutrition and
health awareness for the adolescent boys & girls.
- 20 sessions on nutrition and health were
held at govt. primary schools.
- 20 adolescent clubs were formed and 8 nutrition
corners were established at government primary schools.